Anxious and Determined

Music? Last Song - Theory Of A Deadman
Mood? Excited


I am so ready to leave on Wednesday morning. But for some reason I am petrified too. I have never done anything like this before. (just for your info ill be a BCM summer missionary here as an intern) I have never been in a position anywhere close to where I am now. Unlike a lot of the people that are involved with BCM Summer Missions, I am by myself with no team (with the exceptions of Christy and G) but I am definitely anxious and anticipating getting to New Orleans on Wednesday morning. I definitely need a lot of prayer. I found a particular prayer that I really liked and I might model some of my prayers for this summer after it.

God Alone Suffices - A Prayer Of Devotion
I offer you, Lord, my thoughts: to be fixed on you; my words: to have you for their theme; my actions: to reflect my love for you; my sufferings: to be endured for your greater glory.

I went to see the movie Man On Fire tonight with J and MaryAnne and man it got me thinking. (now this movie isn't for everybody, especially those with weak stomachs) In the movie Denzel goes as far as it takes for this child that he loves. Its then that I think... I know that God loves me more than that. He is willing to give His life for me. How far am I willing to go for Him? I pray that God will purify me in the flame and that I will go as far as He asks me too. I want to be that devoted. Do You?

'I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortressand my Deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my Shield and the horn of my salvation, my Stronghold.'
Psalm 18:1,2

2 Response to "Anxious and Determined"

  • Anonymous Says:

    hey...i know you'll have fun this summer...this is going to be an awesome experience for you and i pray that the Lord will guide you in everything...we'll all be praying for you...bye
    ~Brooke~
    *I had to post it as anonymous b/c i don't have an account w/ this thing...mwah y ciao!!!!!!!


  • Anonymous Says:

    I know God will show you a lot this summer! I love you brother and I am praying for you so much. I hope you stay strong and stay the course! Love you bro!
    "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, appears, then you will also appear with him in Glory." -Colossians 3:1-4

    Ryan Brady