God Can Use You!!!

Music? Revolutionaries - Bethany Dillon
Mood? Excited

Wow. We had a group here at the "Seamen's Club" all day today. They are on their way down to Venezuala to do God's work their. They will be building schools and the like. Man, these guys and girls were all about serving God and had an awesome attitude about the work that they were doing. I think everyone got to go on a ship. I took about 3 or 4 groups on ships and Jared took some too. Their hearts for service towards others in unbelievable. They made this place SHINE, from the inside and out. I was astounded. Most of them were about 19 or 20 I think, but there were some older and some younger. I wish my youth group had been like that. They are working through ITAM Ministries. They will be in Venezuala the rest of the summer. Some of their reactions on the ships were funny. It was still awesome to see God use them by letting them get to know some of the crew of the Turkish ship that comes in every few weeks. One of the girls, Molly, was especially cool because she tore her ACL in the spring and she still climbed up and down all the steps on board the 2 ships that she got to go on. That really impressed me. God will use her perseverance this summer.

They really touched Pam, she was really impressed that they are involved at such a young age in the ministry. Chris is one of the big Cahunas in the group and I think he is in his first year or 2 of seminary. He and I will hopefully keep in contact as the summer progresses. Be in prayer for them.

I had an awesome opportunity tonight.... I got to pray in front of some of the guys from the Blue Master, the are all Buddhist, except for the captain who is Muslim, but we passed a wreck on Airline Hwy, and I asked if I could pray for the people in the wreck (It looked pretty bad) and they said yes. So, maybe when they come to the Center tomorrow night they will ask me some questions. I hope that they do. Well this is too long of a post as is so.... Later

2 Response to "God Can Use You!!!"

  • Anonymous Says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  • Anonymous Says:

    and why do u ask if i like bethany dillon? i've never really heard of her except through here...i think she's pretty good, but that's jsut the first time i've heard her...o goodness, now u've got me confused...u see what u do?