Kevilosophy

music: Sufjan Stevens - Oh Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head (Restore! Rebuild! Reconsider!)
reading: Donald Miller - Searching For God Knows What

So I was talking to Kevin the other day (Kevin is the bass player at FBC Gaffney, where I'm the interum Worship Leader) and he said something interesting. First let me give you some background. There have been some mishaps with our sound system. People mess with it when we're not there. We don't know who keys that can turn it on. I mean yeah you can Jimmy the lock to turn the amps on, but we don't know anyone who could actually do that. I mean seriously. Do you think that teachers from the Village school, a Christian school connected to the church, can jimmy a lock? I don't think they have it in them.
(I just did a google image search for "jimmy a lock" and this is what came up)

Anyway, so it's getting really annoying them messing up all of our settings and basically trashing the stage and equipment. And Kevin (the point of the story) said "There are three things in life. God. Family. And the rest is just crap." I love that philosophy, and I plan on adopting it.

So just remember, the next time something screws up or something screwed up happens to you: IT'S JUST CRAP and you'll live.

5 Response to "Kevilosophy"

  • suz Says:

    Can I just say that I cannot buy into this philosopy b/c that would put the people that Christ calls us to reach with the Gospel into the crap catergory and you and I both know that that just is not true. There are also those things that God uses to wake us up which may seem crappy, but are really useful. Just thinking out loud. bye!


  • Holliday Says:

    Crap meaning things that happen to you. Did you read the story? Church politics is crap. People who hurt you is crap. And honestly I don't believe that God ordains bad things to happen to people. I think that He can use things, but not that He causes them. People aren't neccesarily crap, but a lot of the things they do are.


  • amandalaurenberry Says:

    crap1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krp) Vulgar Slang
    n.
    1-Excrement.
    2-An act of defecating.
    3-Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
    4-Cheap or shoddy material.
    5-Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
    6-Insolent talk or behavior.

    ...okay, my point being that crap is a noun, but it does not refer to a person. Life does include God and Family, and also God's family. We're all human and we mess up (hence, the CRAP) but His grace covers us. For others that are also Gripped by His Grace, His grace covers their crap too. We are called to a spirit of peace and forgiveness (see Romans chapter 12).


  • Daddy Says:

    Hey, there's a picture of my son on your blog! :) For the record, his name is not jimmy or lock. How google indexes these things is beyond me. I think it's funny as hell to follow the webstats from his page and see where he goes. Little guy's been all over the world and back.

    To comment on your blog, if you're looking to adopt a new life philosophy, the one that works best for me is: "You get what you pay for".

    Good luck Jimmy Lock.


  • suz Says:

    Hey now, did you read what I said....I also strongly agree with you that God does not ordain bad things to happen to people. Remember Job, Satan asked God's permission to tempt Job, God did not tempt him. However, God did allow Job to face trials in order that out of this "crappy" situation, Job might be blessed and find meaning. :)

    Anyway, I get what you meant. Glad to converse with ya.