I am free.

So this weekend was a trip. A lot of really cool things happened, and I was stretched a whole lot. For starters, Will and I went to Arby's Friday night in Myrtle Beach, we were there for the Converge Conference, and it was an adventure! We're heading in the store and the manager and an employee were outside. As we're walking up the employee says "I just paid $800 to get out of jail." Will could barely hold his composure. It was great. You'll have to ask one of us about the rest of that trip, because it's just too funny to write it all down.

Then, we're getting off the elevator, which smelled like the underside of a baboon, and we're walking away very casually and this girl is getting on and says "Oh my God!" It smelled so incredibly aweful.

Clayton King and Todd Fields were really good. The whole weekend was very focused on Christ and following Him, not just saying that you're a Christian. Todd Fields really impressed me, and I bought two of his cds, surprise surprise. He has a song called Free that really took me by surprise. It was simply astounding. Buy His CD!!!

I couldn't stay for the Shawn McDonald concert like I wanted to, but it's alright I'm glad that I left when I did. The drive from Myrtle Beach in the middle of the night is definitely crazy and chaotic. I got home at about 3:30 and was asleep by 4, but I had to get up at 5:45 so a lot of good that did.
However, Gaffney was incredible this morning.

The body there was focused on worship. In fact the power went out and the worship continued. There was no hesistation. The power came back on and we kept rolling. I thought it was ironic that we were singing Blessed Be Your Name when the power went out though. "You give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be Your Name." He took away the power and we kept worshipping. It came back on before the song was over though, so no biggie. But it made for a really interesting morning. I talked to the band about Zephaniah 3:14-17 and about how we should shout for joy because of the grace that's been so freely given to us. There was truly a heart of worship in that place.

Then I went home and promptly slept for 7 hours. It was good!
And the stunning thing of the day was this book that Cat and I saw. It's called Evil Serial Killers, I was stunned. It was on the bargain shelf and I can't help but wonder if Honourable Serial Killers is on the New York Time Bestseller list. I mean it's kind of assumed that serial killers are evil. You don't have to title your book like that.

But I hope all is well with you and enjoy life!
J

3 Response to "I am free."

  • Anonymous Says:

    yay for Jesus!
    i loved this as well!
    i love that scripture.
    God's so good. even in the middle of our junk. "shine, like the moon, reflecting the sun, shine!!!"
    -sam


  • Anonymous Says:

    oh, and i definitely know Clayton King.
    amazing guy. really.


  • Anonymous Says:

    I'd love to hear that Todd Fields song. Freedom is something that God seems to knock me upside the head with all the time. Maybe you could bring the CD with you to Connect or something?