changing of the guard


So, my time at First Baptist Gaffney (as worship leader) is coming to an end.

I'm not sure what's going to happen next.
I've made a lot of good friends, but it's time for a change of things.

I'm definitely going to miss leading worship like that once a week.

I'm just glad that life is still going. It's for living, so don't get so attached.
Live for the moment, so that when God calls you won't have a problem doing what He asks.
If you get attached at the core, then you're stuck.
I'm not saying don't have those vital relationships (like the male-to-female kind)
but I'm saying don't be dependent on them, because that's when you get stuck.
So stay fresh and stay on your toes,
because you never know when the changing of times is going to start.

So live. Don't get bogged down. Just live.


playlist:
Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
Victor's Piano Solo - Corpse Bride
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Savin' Me - Nickelback
Get Lucky - Heatmiser
Ridin' - Chamillionaire
Stand Up - DMB
Little White Lie - Sammy Hagar
Save Me - Shinedown
Jesus Walks - Kanye
Look What You've Done - Jet

1 Response to "changing of the guard"

  • Liz Says:

    Dude, stop being so wise and stuff. It scares me.

    (Kidding...I think...)