Fighting for life.


So life is interesting...

...and confusing.


I wish that life would be easy, or at least I did.


I started reading a section of Wild At Heart and it talked about being a warrior. There was a man in the book that Eldredge was interviewing and what he said hit me really hard, even though I've read it a dozen times.


"I will die on this hill..."


In Ecclesiastes, Solomon says "I hated all my work at which I labored under the sun because I must leave it to the man who comes after me..." (Ecc. 2:18) We can labor over things that just build up 'dust and rust' or we can die doing and pursuing something meaningful.


I will die on this hill fighting

and battling for people's lives and for people's hearts.


I hope I have the resolve I need.


This is definitely the short version and doesn't have all the details, but just holla if you wanna talk about it.


(Oh and my computer's shot. So if anyone wants to pitch in and help I would be incredibly grateful.)

1 Response to "Fighting for life."

  • Brandy Gore Says:

    jonathan! how are you? i miss you a lot, and i hope that you're doing well. i can't believe it's been so long... i don't even know that much about this lovely lady in your life!
    i read wild at heart a little while ago, and then captivated... but it wrote all of those thoughts down in an old journal i keep someplace.
    maybe we can randomly meet at barnes and noble again and chat. have a great week!