joy

mood? joyful (if that's a mood?)
music? Jeremy Camp - Be The One
muse? I have no clue...

joy (v.) - to take great pleasure; rejoice.

I've found it. I mean I don't have it figured out and that's alright. I truly think I went through a little bit of a depression where I longed to be in an environment that constantly pointed me to Christ; not that I'm not surrounded by people who aren't Christians or anything, it's just easy to get away from the things that I should be doing. Like constant prayer and study of God's word. I know this sounds like "look at me, look at me I'm a goody goody Christian", but I would never ever force anyone to try and undertake what I'm going to try and undertake. It's much too large a task to tell anyone to do. I want o seek God with everything I've got, and what's even better...

I know I'm gonna fail. I know I'm gonna fall time and time again, and it's gonna hurt, but I guess it's all or nothing. I'm not trying to be overly spiritual, I just want to please God, not because I have to (grace has covered this) and not because it's the right thing to do, but because I want to. I hope that makes sense. I'm setting myself up to fail, but that's alright because I'm gonna get right back up and take another crack at it.

"Innocence is calling
The way it's always been
I can feel my heart is reaching
I can see the calling to show your heart within
Cos I know your blood is healing
All I am today
And all I am is what your hands have made me
Here my soul is yielding

As I fall down I give all these weak hands have forsaken
As I fall down before you
I know I've been broken

Lord I feel you drawing my heart into your love
I can hear your voice is pleading
I can see you molding the shape of purity
I am what you've laid before me
Here my soul is yielding

As I fall down before the one
Whose hand has reached me out of this fear and doubt
That's stolen
All man's hope of knowing you
As I fall down
I give all these weak hands have forsaken
As I fall down before you
I know I've been broken"
Jeremy Camp - Innocence


1 Response to "joy"

  • Anonymous Says:

    Jon, You are so awesome, and ur blogs tend to encourage me when I feel like the world has delt me a bad hand, and when I am drifting away from Christ. But since i started going to Connect, I have not drifted but a couple of times and when last year I felt like I would take 2 steps forward and 4 steps backward, so thanx for your encouragement.